History

The school was started in 1972 by lecturers of the University of Cape Town, who wanted the university to fund it for their children.

History of UPP
This is the family Pescott-Day who lived in our lovely Victorian building “Teignbank” in Kent Road from 1911

This did not happen, and the Education Department stepped in, but has since withdrawn except for a subsidy.

The school is classed as an Independent School, and run along the lines of the Western Cape education department.

The present premises were purchased by the school in 1977.